The Cornell Maker Club (CMC) is a student-run club for experimenting with innovative technologies. We provide tools, work space, and a community for all interested members of Cornell’s campus.
Our purpose is to provide a space where motivated and creative minds can give shape to their ideas, and to help spread this passion through the campus and beyond.
Thank you for attending CMC Make-a-thon! Please look forward to other CMC events!
Getting Access to Electrical Lab (Phillips 217) or Mechanical Lab (Phillips 201):
Membership is open to all students enrolled at Cornell University, including both undergraduate and graduate students.
Members typically become engaged in one or more personal or group projects.
Specific trainings are required. After filling out the form, you will receive an email once training timeslots become available.
Access requests have been closed for Spring 2023. Please check back later for potential Summer training information.
Lab Usage Notice:
Cornell Maker Club resources are for personal projects only. They are not to be used for classes, research, or project teams. For those categories, please talk with your professor/advisor/team leads or visit the Rapid Prototyping Lab located in Upson Hall.
Electrical Lab (David Ahl Maker Lab):
This lab space houses power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, hand tools, drills, and a medley of electrical components, sensors, and actuators.
217 Phillips Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Mechanical Lab (Hui Family Maker Lab):
This lab space houses a laser cutter, 3D printers, drill press, tabletop saw, adhesives, and a wide assortment of extra hand tools.
201 Phillips Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Open Hours Schedule:
Open hours are for current members to get help with using lab tooling by CMC officers. These are not for the public.
Spring 2023 Executive Board
Please direct all inquires to our shared mailbox: email@example.com
- Smith Charles (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Harris Miller (email@example.com)
- Parker Schless (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jon Ho (email@example.com)
- Minjung Kwon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Joe Skovira, Senior Lecturer (email@example.com)
- Hunter Adams, Lecturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clif Pollock, Ilda And Charles Lee Professor of Engineering (email@example.com)
- Bruce Land, Emeritus Senior Lecturer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Amal El-Ghazaly, Assistant Professor (email@example.com)
Board members may also be contacted over the Maker Club Slack